Change in treatment

I’ll be having a change in treatment soon, after having received advice from Dr. Durie. As soon as I can, I’ll start back on thalidomide — just 50 mg, twice a week. I’ll cut back on my dex dose, which is currently at 60 mg a week. I’m hoping to be able to go to 20 mg a week. I need to hold off on this for a short while though. I have a case of shingles that needs to clear up before I can take any more steroids.

I’m taking Famvir 3 times a day for the shingles. You can read more about it here.

I’m really hoping the thalidomide doesn’t cause any further progression of my neuropathy. Dr. D. believes the small dose will be safe. I know enough to stop if I feel anything getting worse at all!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.